How Gratitude Became an Essential Part of This Quadruple Amputee’s Life
Interview With Wendy Wallace of One Exceptional Life
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Wendy’s Blog: https://oneexceptionallife.com
- Wendy’s Facebook: One Exceptional Life
- Wendy’s Pinterest: One Exceptional Life
- Overcoming challenges is easy when you include gratitude in the mix. Grab your Count Your Blessings Gratitude Calendar on any page on Wendy’s blog.
How many times have I made excuses because I didn’t feel like it, or I don’t think I have what it takes, or maybe it just seems too hard? But God wants to use our weaknesses, our pains, our trails, and turn them into our message.
Today’s guest is a perfect example of this. A flesh-eating bacteria left her in a 3-week coma, and she lost all four of her limbs, becoming a quadruple amputee. Life would never be the same as she once knew it, but after a while, she chose to use her experience to empower others in gratitude, kindness, positivity, and faith, and that is when One Exceptional Life was born.
By the end of this episode, you will be able to understand how to use the gifts God gave you through your struggles and why gratitude and positivity are essential to live one exceptional life.
Wendy Wallace is a wife, mom, Christian inspiration blogger and author. She is also a quadruple amputee. You can find her at One Exceptional Life, where she blogs about overcoming challenges, Christian living, gratitude, kindness, positivity, and amputee life.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- Her story of becoming a quadruple amputee and how it affected her life.
- The defining moment when she decided to use her struggle to empower others.
- How her family stepped up to help and the lessons they all learned through this painful experience.
- How gratitude played a huge role in her recovery and still does today.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
If you’re not already subscribed to the Red Hot Mindset Podcast, I encourage you to do that today to ensure you don’t miss an episode. Let’s step into the fire and come out stronger! Click here to subscribe in iTunes. You can also subscribe on Spotify | Stitcher | Castbox | Google Play.
If you resonated with this last episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find my podcast and add it to their own library. Be sure to tune in because I may even feature your review on an upcoming episode! I appreciate you taking the extra time to share your thoughts.
- Click “Listen on Apple”
- Select “Ratings and Reviews”
- Select “Write a Review”
- Share what your favorite things are about the podcast!
Step into the fire and come out stronger!
If you want to stay at the forefront with me, sign up for my newsletter where I bring mindset, goal-setting strategies, and encouragement directly to your inbox, and you will be in the know for future podcast episodes!
Transcript (lightly edited)